Framed : America's fifty-one constitutions and the crisis of governance /
New York :
Oxford University Press,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Of compromise and constitutions
- What is the pint of preambles?
- How does a "republican form of government" differ from "democracy"?
- Elections and a republican form of government
- If two opinions are good, is a third opinion (with the power of most of the time absolutely to kill the decision of the first two opinion-makers) even better?
- Presidentialism (and "gubernatorialism")
- So what, precisely, does one get, as a constitutional matter, upon being elected president?
- Presidential duration in office, the possibility of impeachment, and the role of the vice president
- Divided government
- How "independent" a judiciary do we really want?
- On the judiciary (and supreme court) as guardian of the constitution
- Emergency powers