What's divine about divine law? : early perspectives /
In the thousand years before the rise of Islam, two radically diverse conceptions of what it means to say that a law is divine confronted one another with a force that reverberates to the present. What's Divine about Divine Law? untangles the classical and biblical roots of the Western idea of...
Princeton, New Jersey :
Princeton University Press,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Biblical discourses of divine law
- Greco-Roman discourses of law
- Bridging the gap: divine law in Hellenistic and Second temple Jewish sources
- Minding the gap: Paul
- The "truth" about Torah
- The (ir)rationality of Torah
- The flexibility of Torah
- Natural law in Rabbinic sources?