Virtually human : the promise---and the peril---of digital immortality /
"Virtually Human explores what the not-too-distant future will look like when cyberconsciousness--simulation of the human brain via software and computer technology--becomes part of our daily lives. Meet Bina48, the world's most sentient robot, commissioned by Martine Rothblatt and created...
New York :
St. Martin's Press,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Foreword / Ray Kurzweil
- Introduction: Clone in the world
- Me in the machine
- Our doppelgängers already exist
- Mindcloning, natural selection, and digital eugenics
- Pardon me while I have technical difficulties
- Elbow room
- Evolution or revolution?
- Rethinking kinship systems
- Law and liberty
- G-d and mindclones
- Future of forever
- Selected bibliography