Dying for a paycheck : how modern management harms employee health and company performance--and what we can do about it /
"In this timely, provocative book, Jeffrey Pfeffer contends that many modern management commonalities such as long hours, work-family conflict, and economic insecurity are toxic to employees--hurting engagement, increasing turnover, and destroying people's physical and emotional health--wh...
New York, NY :
HarperBusiness, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Management decisions and human sustainability
- The enormous toll of toxic workplaces
- Layoffs and economic insecurity : a lose-lose proposition
- No health insurance, no health
- Health effects of long work hours and work-family conflict
- Two critical elements of a healthy workplace
- Why people stay in toxic workplaces
- What might--and should--be different