Justice : what's the right thing to do? /
Michael Sandel offers a searching, lyrical exploration of the meaning of justice that considers familiar controversies such as affirmative action, same-sex marriage, physician-assisted suicide, abortion, national service, patriotism and dissent, and the moral limits of markets in fresh and illuminat...
New York :
Farrar, Straus and Giroux,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Doing the right thing
- The great happiness principle / Utilitarianism
- Do we own ourselves? / Libertarianism
- Hired help / Markets and morals
- What matters is the motive / Immanuel Kant
- The case for equality / John Rawls
- Arguing affirmative action
- Who deserves what? / Aristotle
- What do we owe one another? / Dilemmas of loyalty
- Justice and the common good