The people vs. democracy : why our freedom is in danger and how to save it /
From India to Turkey, from Poland to the United States, authoritarian populists have seized power. Two core components of liberal democracy--individual rights and the popular will--are at war, putting democracy itself at risk. In plain language, Yascha Mounk describes how we got here, where we need...
Cambridge, Massachusetts :
Harvard University Press,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Introduction : Losing our illusions
- Part one. The crisis of liberal democracy. Democracy without rights
- Rights without democracy
- Democracy is deconsolidating
- Part two. Origins. Social media
- Economic stagnation
- Part three. Remedies. Domesticating nationalism
- Fixing the economy
- Renewing civic faith
- Conclusion : Fighting for our convictions