Francis Bacon : his career and his thought /
[Los Angeles, California] :
University of Southern California Press,
|Series:||Arensberg lectures ;
Legal classics library.
Spinelli's law library reference shelf.
|Online Access:||HeinOnline Legal Classics Library|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Bacon's reputation
- The court and learning
- Bacon's studies and ambitions: his early days in Parliament
- Bacon and Essex
- Bacon's religious writings in the reign of Elizabeth
- Bacon and James: the early period
- Bacon as solicitor-general
- Bacon as attorney-general
- Bacon, Coke, and the law
- Bacon and James' favorites
- Bacon's political downfall
- Early philosophical writings
- Philosophical writings while solicitor-general
- The new organon
- Bacon and natural history
- Bacon's originality.