Citizenship in America and Europe : beyond the nation-state? /
Washington, D.C. :
The AEI Press,
|Series:||American Enterprise Institute library.
Immigration law & policy in the U.S.
|Online Access:||HeinOnline American Enterprise Institute Library|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Introduction : citizenship on two continents / Michael S. Greve and Michael Zöller
- Verfassungspatriotismus : wrong concept, right country / Josef Joffe
- The meaning of American citizenship: what we can learn from disputes over naturalization / William Galston
- European citizenship: mobile nationals, immobile aliens, and random Europeans / Francesca Strumia
- "We the citizens of Europe" : European Union citizenship / Markus Kotzur
- A conversation: the public and political debate in Europe and the United States / Jürgen Kaube, Robert von Rimscha, Martin Klingst, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, and Peter Skerry
- European citizenship: treaties and case law of the European Court of Justice / Jean-Claude Bonichot
- Citizenship, alienage, and personhood in the United States / Diane P. Wood
- Three models of citizenship / Peter H. Schuck
- The changing nature of citizenship in Britain : constitutional and legal perspectives / Adam Tomkins
- Structural constitutional principles and rights reconciliation / Robert R. Gasaway and Ashley C. Parrish
- Concluding remarks / Kenneth W. Starr.