English constitutional history from the Teutonic conquest to the present time /
Stevens & Haynes,
|Edition:||5th edition, revised throughout, with notes /|
|Series:||World constitutions illustrated.
|Online Access:||HeinOnline World Constitutions Illustrated|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- From the Teutonic conquest of Britain to the Norman conquest of England
- The Norman conquest
- Reigns of the Norman and first Angevin kings
- Magna Charta
- Administrative system under the Norman and Plantagenet kings
- The succession to the crown
- Origin of Parliament
- Growth of Parliament (1295-1399)
- Parliament under the Lancastrian and Yorkist kings (1399-1485)
- The Tudor period (1483-1603) : reigns of Henry VII, Henry VIII, Edward VI, Mary
- The Reformation in England
- The Tudor period : reign of Elizabeth (1558-1603)
- The Stuart period (1603-1688) : from the accession of James I to the passing of the Petition of Right
- The Stuart period : from the Petition of Right to the Restoration (1629-1660)
- The Stuart period : from the Restoration to the passing of the Bill of Rights (1660-1689)
- Progress of the constitution since the revolution.