Dispute and conflict resolution in Plymouth County, Massachusetts, 1725-1825 /
Chapel Hill :
University of North Carolina Press,
|Series:||Prestatehood legal materials.
Studies in legal history.
|Online Access:||HeinOnline Prestatehood Legal Materials|
HeinOnline UNC Press Law Publications
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Introduction, the larger context of conflict and dispute
- The Institutions for Dispute Resolution, town, court, and church, 1725-1774
- Judicial resolution of disputes between members of the same community 1725-1774
- The changing statistical pattern of post-revolutionary litigation
- Commerce, religion, politics, and the nineteenth-century increase in litigation
- The nature and the end of community
- A note on the sources