The Bill of Rights in modern America : after 200 years /
Indiana University Press,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Rights consciousness in American history / Daniel T. Rodgers
- The explosion and erosion of rights / Gary L. McDowell
- Symbolic speech and the first amendment / Paul L. Murphy
- Church and state: The religion clauses / Melvin I. Urofsky
- Public safety and the right to bear arms / Robert J. Cottrol and Raymond T. Diamond
- The enigmatic place of property rights in modern constitutional thought / James W. Ely, Jr.
- Reversing the revolution: Rights of the accused in a conservative age / David J. Bodenhamer
- Police practices and the Bill of Rights / Laurence A. Benner and Michal R. Belknap
- The "cruel and unusual punishment" clause: A limit on the power to punish or constitutional rhetoric? / Joseph L. Hoffmann
- Equal protection and affirmative action / Herman Belz
- A ninth amendment for today's constitution / Randy E. Barnett
- Of floors and ceilings: The new federalism and state Bills of Rights / Kermit L. Hall