The Holmes reader : the life, writings, speeches, constitutional decisions, etc., of the late Oliver Wendell Holmes, Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States, as well as an evaluation of his work and achievements by eminent authorities /
New York :
|Series:||World constitutions illustrated.
Legal classics library.
U.S. Supreme Court library.
History of Supreme Court nominations.
Spinelli's law library reference shelf.
|Online Access:||HeinOnline U.S. Supreme Court Library|
HeinOnline World Constitutions Illustrated
HeinOnline Legal Classics Library
HeinOnline History of Supreme Court Nominations Collection
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- I. Life and work of Mr. Justice Holmes. Oliver Wendell Holmes, Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States / Arthur Dehon Hill
- Mr. Justice Holmes / Benjamin N. Cardozo
- Mr. Justice Holmes / Frederick Pollock
- II. Speeches and writings of Mr. Justice Holmes. The path of the law
- The theory of legal interpretation
- The law
- Law and the court
- The profession of the law
- Ideals and doubts
- Learning and science
- Speech at a dinner given to Chief Justice Holmes
- Speech on receiving the degree of Doctor of Law
- Speech on John Marshall
- Natural law
- Law in science and science in law
- The soldiers' faith
- Radio address on the 90th birthday of Mr. Justice Holmes
- III. Letters of Mr. Justice Holmes. Letters to Sir Frederick Pollock
- IV. Court decisions of Mr. Justice Holmes. Mr. Justice Holmes and the Constitution: a review of his twenty-five years on the Supreme Court / Felix Frankfurter
- V. Mr. Justice Holmes evaluated. The secret of Mr. Justice Holme: an analysis / Harold R. McKinnon
- The democracy of Justice Olver Wendell Holmes / Charles E. Wyzanski, Jr.
- Appendix. Noted epigrams, sayings, thoughts, etc., selected from the writings of Mr. Justice Holmes.