A history of the American Constitution /
St. Paul :
|Series:||American casebook series.
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- The reconstruction amendments: 1865-1873
- The uses of history.
- Part one: 1787-1791. Introduction to part one
- The intellectual origins of the constitution
- Creating a national government
- The federal judiciary
- The federal executive
- The federal legislature
- The ratification process : Federalists and Anti-Federalists
- The Bill of rights
- Part two: The reconstruction amendments : 1865-1873. Introduction to part two
- The ideological origins of the reconstruction amendments
- The thirteenth amendment
- The fourteenth amendment
- The fifteenth amendment
- Part three: The uses of history. Introduction to part three
- The Supreme Court's use of history
- The originalism debate
- Appendix A: Constitution of the United States
- Appendix B: Drafts of the 1787 Constitution
- Appendix C: Drafts of the Bill of Rights
- Appendix D: Biographical dictionary
- Appendix E: Recommended further reading.