Leveling the playing field : how the law can make sports better for fans /
Cambridge, Mass. :
Harvard University Press,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Prologue: Sports on trial
- I. The integrity of sports. Misconduct on the field
- Honoring civil rights in sports
- The deadliest sin in sports - The sports war on drugs
- Athletes as role models
- The moral ideal for American sports
- II. Owners versus players. Show us the money
- Sports joins the union
- Opening the Flood-gates
- What antitrust did for players
- How to level the player field
- Salary sharing among players
- III. Owners versus owners--and fans. The brave new world of franchise free agency
- How far have we traveled?
- What the law should do with Raiders
- Stadium socialism or a stadium cap?
- Sports in intellectual space
- What should leagues be like?
- Expand or break up the big leagues?
- A better world for fans
- Epilogue: A performance-enhancing law for sports