Legal traditions of the world : sustainable diversity in law /
Oxford ; New York :
Oxford University Press,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- A theory of tradition? : the changing presence of the past
- Between traditions : identity, persuasion and survival
- A Chthonic legal tradition : to recycle the world
- A Talmudic legal tradition : the perfect author
- A civil law tradition : the centrality of the person
- An Islamic legal tradition : the law of a later revelation
- A common law tradition : the ethic of adjudication
- A Hindu legal tradition : the law as king, but which law?
- An Asian legal tradition : make it new (with Marx?)
- Reconciling legal traditions : sustainable diversity in law