Meeting the enemy : American exceptionalism and international law /
New York :
New York University Press,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- "A distinctly American internationalism"
- Saving civilization : the war on terror
- Civilizing the other : colonial origins of international law
- "A city on a hill" : America as exception
- Establishing the republic : first principles and American identity
- A manifest destiny : colonizing the continent
- American imperial expansion
- making the world safe for democracy
- The new world order and American hegemony
- Confronting American exceptionalism