Human rights, legitimacy, and the use of force /
"The thirteen essays by Allen Buchanan collected here are arranged in such a way as to make evident their thematic interconnections: the important and hitherto unappreciated relationships among the nature and grounding of human rights, the legitimacy of international institutions, and the justi...
Oxford ; New York, N.Y. :
Oxford University Press,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Justice, legitimacy, and human rights
- Taking the human out of human rights
- Equality and human rights
- Human rights and the legitimacy of the international legal order
- The legitimacy of global governance institutions
- The legitimacy of international law
- Democracy and the commitment to international law
- Constitutional democracy and the rule of international law : are they compatible?
- The internal legitimacy of humanitarian intervention
- Beyond the national interest
- Institutionalizing the just war
- Justifying preventive war
- From Nuremburg to Kosovo : the morality of illegal international legal reform