The Language of statutes : laws and their interpretation /
University of Chicago Press,
|Series:||Chicago series in law and society
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Laws and judges
- Why we need to interpret statutes
- Definitions, ordinary meaning, and respect for the legislature
- The intent of the legislature
- Stability, dynamism, and other values
- Who should interpret statutes?
- Jurors as statutory interpreters
- Legislatures, judges, and statutory interpretation