Immigration detention and human rights : rethinking territorial sovereignty /
Leiden ; Boston :
Martinus Nijhoff Publishers,
|Series:||Immigration and asylum law and policy in Europe ;
v. 19 |
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Introduction : immigration detention in contemporary Europe
- Sovereignty, people, and territory
- Limiting sovereign power
- Freedom of movement I : the right to leave as a human right
- Freedom of movement II : decisions on entry as a sovereign prerogative?
- Reaffirming sovereignty and reproducing territoriality : deportation and detention
- International human rights law on immigration detention
- The ECtHR : detention as a 'necessary adjunct' to an 'undeniable sovereign right'?
- Destabilising territorial sovereignty through human rights litigation in immigration detention cases