Winning the jury's attention : presenting evidence from Voir Dire to closing /
American Bar Association, Section of Litigation ; First Chair Press,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Meet the "modern juror"
- Taking the voodoo out of voir dire
- The science of the brain as it relates to trial presentations
- A closer look at the seven principles
- The personal credibility principle : demonstrate competence, integrity, and efficiency to gain credibility
- What trial lawyers learn from actors
- Maintaining credibility through cross-examination
- The signaling principle : what's next and are we there yet?
- The segmentation principle : people learn better when information is presented in bite-sized segments
- The multimedia principle : people learn better from words and pictures than from words alone
- The coherence principle : people learn better when extraneous material is excluded
- Stickiness principle : how to make an idea stick
- The jolt principle : periodically jolt your jury so they do not bolt
- Arming your jurors for the "final argument"